Saturday, June 5, 2010

Alarms hate early mornings too

To get to work by 7, we need to leave around 6:10. Which means getting up around 5:30. My alarm did not like that, so it did not go off. By some miracle, my body woke me up at 6:15 (five minute after I was supposed to be ready to go in the parking garage) so I called the people who were driving today and was like hey, go on ahead without me. I got ready in literally 5 minute, rode the elevator 37 flights down, then another 6 driving down in garage, and finally made it out to the rode. It was so absurdly early that traffic wasn't bad. I actually got there about the same time as the other girls, strange... But yeah, I made it! wooo

Today was intense because it is inventory time meaning they have to count and catalog everything in the store. And I mean EVERYTHING. Today was just counting, counting, and more counting! Very tedious and boring! And... to make it even better, my feet were killing me! I and bought some dress sandals yesterday because I needed black shoes and had been borrowing my roommate Erica's. But I got them at Ross and they have the security wire on them so you can't take real steps in them. Which is a shame because after the first step this morning, I was like wow, these are going to suck. And they did. They were rubbing my foot on the side which is no good when you walking around all day!
So going home was great! (Minus the 20 min ride turned 45 due to traffic!) We have been taking the GPS to help avoid tolls...but it may be worth it in the afternoons.... there was crazy traffic at 12:30..... 12:30!!! What is wrong with this picture!?

Today we had a social. The theme was kindergarden games/ school yard games. It was cute, we had four square, sharks and minnows, duck, duck, goose, and a tag game. We also had snacks. :) Fruit snacks, watermelon, animal crackers, and capri suns.

Tomorrow half of us will go to Christ Fellowship (via the metro mover, a.k.a. the people mover) in the morning and the other half will go to a new church that meets at night. I think the idea is to help another church and be there to serve them in their beginning stages. The second church has only been meeting for 6 weeks I heard.

We don't go back to work until Tuesday, I'm glad to have a break! At the same time I am very thankful to God to have a job, some people still don't. I've been able to talk to some of my coworkers a little bit. I'm trying to get to know them. One guy said he wanted to transfer to UCF for civil engineering. I told him that was a great place for that. Another girl goes to FIU. It's kind of hard because this is fast paced work, always something to do so there is not a lot of down time.

I think I'm finally getting in the swing of things here. I'm learning my way around, somewhat. The GPS has helped a lot. Except that time I pressed "fuel" and it took me to a nonexistent gas station...I know never to go out at 4:30 no matter what. I left at 4:30 to go to Target and got back at 6. Target is a mile and a half away. End of story.

So anyway! Things are going well. Monday we go to some of the college campuses and talk to people about Jesus, so that should be interesting. When we did the beach outreach thing (did I blog about that already?), most people were pretty receptive, no one was rude. We had little surveys for people and most agreed to do that, and we have a little booklet called that we go through with people depending on the situation and if they are willing. One of my room mates with another girl was able to lead someone to Christ! So that was cool.

That's all for now. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment