Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Job!

That's right, I now have a job at Calvin Klien! I called on Monday and was told they wanted to offer me the job and to come in on Tuesday. Six other girls from project also got hired there. I was so relieved to have a job! Really thankful to God and it's all the more impressive because of the limited days and hours we can work. We can work Tuesday-Saturday, open- 5pm only. So thanks to God for providing for us in spite of this limits!

The first day was a little mundane because they are doing inventory on the store. We have to make sure every item has a ticket with the barcode number. Yikes... Me and the three girls I drove worked 8:15-4, and then three others came in at noon. I had today off and will work again tomorrow. My shift is 8-12 so that is not bad at all. I will still have the rest of the day to be with people and then having our equipping night which we do on Thursday evenings.

Last night we had a "Crusade" meeting like I guess most schools do. There was a time for worship music and then we had a speaker talk to us. It was cool, kind of discusses some stuff we had been reading in our book The Search for Significance. It was a little strange to me to call it "Crusade" though because we don't do that at UCF, so I wasn't really sure where they were coming from. We stuff mostly focus on doing things to bring in non-Christians. But this was directed to Christians. It was a good meeting overall.

This morning Erica (my roommate) and I were playing keyboard together and going over some chord sheets. She is really good at piano and is even minoring in it. She is less familiar with playing chord sheets I think, and hasn't played in church or with a band before so I was trying to show her some what I do with that. Then I got to go out to the pool for a little bit. Then came back in and was writing down my testimony. We go over it with some who kind of "coaches" us on it so it is clear and can be presented to other people we come in contact with. I'm trying to figure out exactly what I want to say. It's hard to actually sit down and right it out. It's also a little less clear for me because I don't have a lot to go on as far as my life before Christ because I don't really remember that. I got saved when I was really little, like in elementary school. So I'm trying to be concise and explain my life and what Jesus means to me.

Tonight we have dinner with our small group which is our roommates + small group leader (staff member). Ours is named Katie. She is really sweet. She is from Jacksonville, FL and has been married for two years.

I still need to go to the post office or Publix for stamps to mail out reminder letters to people I sent support letters to but never got a response from. I also still have thank you postcards to send out... bad girl, Leah! Oh, and I should probably get my own black shoes to wear because yesterday I borrowed from someone.

Ok, all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment